The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of guidelines put in place to ensure that all merchants are following best practices to reduce the likelihood of security breaches, and as a result, reduce fraud. The PCI DSS was formed by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, and compliance with this standard is required of all merchants.
Sphere’s team is committed to providing merchants with everything they need to safely process payment (credit and debit) card transactions. As part of this commitment, Sphere maintains a PCI program to help you meet mandatory data security and compliance requirements in a quick and easy way. Their PCI compliance program includes a portal to access materials and information and a compliance center help desk reachable by phone, email, or instant online chat from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Compliance agents can assist merchants with:
- Understanding the requirements needed to validate and maintain PCI compliance
- Selecting the proper Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) to complete and providing walk-through assistance
- Launching the External Vulnerability Scan
- Reviewing the vulnerability reports
- Assisting with the results, expectations, and remediation of failed or inconclusive scans
- Uploading third-party compliance documentation.
This is a great benefit for Sphere merchants! Call Sphere’s Account Executive team to help you identify leads to earn your points quickly! As always, you can earn residuals for the life of the customer and up to 3 points with each Sphere account.